The Game Plan.
The 1214th edition of WWE Monday Night RAW came to you, live, from the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. Eight nights ago at SummerSlam, Finn Balor made history by defeating Seth Rollins to become the first ever WWE Universal Champion, but, unfortunately, that victory would come with a price as it was later revealed that, during the course of the match, Balor suffered a torn labrum in his right shoulder and would have to undergo surgery to repair the injury. This injury and subsequent surgery would mean that “The Demon King” would be out of action for at least six months and, as a result, Finn Balor was forced to relinquish the WWE Universal Championship on last week’s RAW. However, this unfortunate event has turned into an opportunity for four of RAW’s top Superstars as, after winning their respective qualifying matches last week, two-time former WWE World Champion Seth Rollins, two-time former Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens, the seven-foot upstart Big Cass, and three-time former WWE World Champion Roman Reigns would compete in a Fatal 4-Way Match with the winner leaving Houston as the brand new WWE Universal Champion! Which one of these four Superstars will etch their name in history as being the second WWE Universal Champion in history?
- Chris Jericho def. Neville by submission to the Liontamer.
- Nia Jax def. Hion (local competitor) by pin following a modified powerslam.
- Sami Zayn def. Jinder Mahal by pin following the Helluva Kick.
- 6-Person Tag: Bayley and Big E & Kofi Kingston (with Xavier Woods) def. Dana Brooke and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson by Bayley pinning Dana Brooke following the Bayley-to-Belly.
- Best of Seven Series: Match #2: Sheamus def. Cesaro by submission to the Cloverleaf to go 2-0 in the series.
- Braun Strowman def. Americo (local competitor) by pin following the one-handed slam.
- Darren Young (with Bob Backlund) def. Titus O’Neil by crucifix roll-up.
- WWE Universal Championship: Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match: Kevin Owens def. Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, & Big Cass to win the WWE Universal Title.
- Kevin Owens elim. Big Cass by pin following a frog splash.
- Seth Rollins elim. Roman Reigns by pin following a Pedigree on the outside by Triple H.
- Kevin Owens elim. Seth Rollins by pin following a Pedigree by Triple H.
See page 2 for detailed results.