All Cookies used by and on this site are used in accordance with current English and EU Cookie Law.
Some of the cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer.
Cookies set by us
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Alternatively, you may wish to visit aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the site.
Our cookies will be used for:
Essential session management
• creating a specific log-in session for a user of the site in order that the site remembers that a user is logged in and that their page requests are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
• recognising when a user of the site has visited before allowing us to identify the number of unique users we receive to the site and make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
• recognising if a visitor to the site is registered with us in any way;
• we may also log information from your computer including the existence of cookies, your IP address and information about your browser program in order to allow us to diagnose problems, administer and track your usage of our site.
• customising elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the site.
Performance and measurement
• collecting statistical information about how our users use the site so that we can improve the site and learn which parts are most popular to users