Money Makes “The Man”.
For the 29th year in a row, WWE’s second oldest event would get Thanksgiving week off to a memorable start as the 29th annual WWE Survivor Series came to you, live on the WWE Network, from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA. For the second time in Survivor Series history, WWE’s top prize would be put on the line in a tournament as, following Seth Rollins’ serious knee injury a few weeks ago, a brand new WWE World Heavyweight Champion would be guaranteed at the “Fall Classic”. In a tournament that started out with sixteen Superstars, it is now down to only four Superstars as former #1 Contender Roman Reigns, “The Lunatic Fringe” Dean Ambrose, Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens, and United States Champion Alberto Del Rio will compete at Survivor Series to determine the Finals of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament with those two Superstars then squaring off to determine who will walk out of Survivor Series as the new champion. In one Semi-Final match, Roman Reigns would go one-on-one with reigning United States Champion and the only former World Champion in the tournament, Alberto Del Rio, with the winner advancing to the Finals to face either Dean Ambrose or Kevin Owens as “The Lunatic Fringe” would go one-on-one with the Intercontinental Champion, proposing some very interesting potential matches for the tournament Finals. With the likelihood that we could see longtime friends Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose go to war over the WWE World Heavyweight Championship or possibly see a champion versus champion affair between Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens and United States Champion Alberto Del Rio, who will prove that they are ready to ascend to greatness and become the brand new WWE World Heavyweight Champion?
Survivor Series would also mark a very important night for WWE’s resident “Phenom” The Undertaker as the legendary “Deadman” will celebrate the 25th anniversary of his WWE debut on November 22, 1990. Since that night, The Undertaker has become the premier legend in WWE, having vanquished the likes of Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane, Triple H, Randy Orton, Shawn Michaels, & Brock Lesnar in an unparalleled WWE career, the sure-fire WWE Hall of Famer would be in action on his silver anniversary as The Undertaker would team with his demon brother Kane to face any two members of The Wyatt Family. At WWE Hell in a Cell, The Undertaker would barely survive his Hell in a Cell match against Brock Lesnar with his career intact, only for The Wyatt Family to strike, abducting The Undertaker and, the next night on RAW, Kane would suffer the same fate. Following the abduction of the Brothers of Destruction, Bray Wyatt would claim that he now controls the supernatural powers of The Undertaker & Kane, repeatedly showing his newfound abilities. However, the Brothers of Destruction would prove to Bray that they are still very much in control of their powers and, at Survivor Series, these two unstoppable forces would collide as The Undertaker & Kane would face any two members of The Wyatt Family as Bray Wyatt would select any combination of himself, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, & Braun Strowman to combat the Brothers of Destruction! With his brother by his side, can The Undertaker continue his 25 years of dominance or will The Wyatt Family prove that The Undertaker & Kane are no longer the most dominant force in WWE?
In one of the most emotionally charged Divas Championship matches in recent memory, Charlotte would no doubt be fired up heading into Survivor Series as, after Paige made some inappropriate comments about the Divas Champion’s late younger brother, Paige may pay the price at Survivor Series when Paige challenges Charlotte for the Divas Championship. Also at Survivor Series, “Prince Pretty” will make his debut at the Thanksgiving tradition as Tyler Breeze would have to contend with a Superstar he has targeted since his main roster debut when he goes one-on-one with “The Show Off” Dolph Ziggler. For twenty-eight years, Survivor Series has been defined by one match and that is the wild, exciting, and unpredictable 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match and this year’s event will be no different as, while the participants remain a mystery, Survivor Series will feature a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match.
- Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match: Kickoff Exclusive: Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Neville, & The Dudley Boyz def. The Miz, Bo Dallas, Stardust, & The Ascension with Goldust, Titus O’Neil, & The Dudley Boyz as the sole survivors.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Semi-Finals: Roman Reigns def. Alberto Del Rio (with Zeb Colter) by pin following the Spear to advance to the Finals.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Semi-Finals: Dean Ambrose def. Kevin Owens by pin following Dirty Deeds to advance to the Finals.
- Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match: Ryback, The Lucha Dragons, & The Usos def. The New Day, King Barrett, & Sheamus with Ryback, Kalisto, & Jey Uso as the sole survivors.
- Sin Cara elim. King Barrett by pin following a springboard senton.
- Xavier Woods elim. Jimmy Uso by pin following a double team double stomp off of the top rope.
- Sheamus elim. Sin Cara by pin following the Brogue Kick.
- Jey Uso elim. Big E by pin following the Superfly Splash.
- Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston eliminate themselves.
- Ryback elim. Sheamus by pin following Shell Shocked.
- Divas Championship: Charlotte (c) def. Paige by submission to the Figure-Eight to retain.
- Tyler Breeze (with Summer Rae) def. Dolph Ziggler by pin following the Unprettier.
- The Undertaker & Kane def. Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper (with Braun Strowman) by The Undertaker pinning Luke Harper following the Tombstone Piledriver.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Finals: Roman Reigns def. Dean Ambrose by pin following the Spear to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus def. Roman Reigns (c) by pin following the Brogue Kick to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title after cashing in his Money-in-the-Bank contract.
See page 2 for detailed results.