Chaos Reigns Supreme.
One night after “The Demon of Death Valley” made his presence felt with a shocking return at Battleground, the 1157th edition of WWE Monday Night RAW came to you, live, from the Sprint Center in Kansas City, MO. During the WWE World Heavyweight Title match between Seth Rollins and Brock Lesnar at last night’s Battleground, “The Beast” had matters well in hand after taking champion Seth Rollins to “Suplex City” with a torrent of thirteen suplexes and dropping Rollins with the F-5, but when Brock went for the pin, the lights would go out in the arena and a gong would sound, signifying the return of The Undertaker! “The Phenom” would then appear in the ring before a stunned Brock Lesnar and, with rage in his eyes, The Undertaker would plant “The Beast” with a chokeslam before drilling Brock Lesnar in the middle of the ring with back-to-back Tombstone Piledrivers! “The Deadman” then left the ring, leaving a cascade of questions in his wake. Why did The Undertaker target Brock Lesnar for his return? Was “The Phenom” seeking vengeance for Brock Lesnar ending his undefeated WrestleMania streak last year? With rumors suggesting that The Undertaker may kick off RAW, will “The Deadman” offer an explanation for his actions? How will Brock Lesnar react to The Undertaker costing him the WWE World Heavyweight Championship?
Battleground also saw the rubber match between United States Champion John Cena and Kevin Owens as the two waged war over the United States Championship in what was another classic match in their rivalry. While both champion and challenger gave it their absolute all in the championship match, it was John Cena who was able to survive as the United States Champion, locking Kevin Owens in the STF and forcing his challenger to tap out to successfully retain the title. After a trifecta of unforgettable match between these two, the question remains, what is next for John Cena and the United States Championship? Who will be the next Superstar to step up and challenge Cena for the prestigious title? Since arriving on the scene a couple of months ago, Kevin Owens’ sole focus has been John Cena, but now that their rivalry appears to be over, where does Kevin Owens go from here?
- Charlotte (with Paige & Becky Lynch) def. Brie Bella (with Nikki Bella & Alicia Fox) by submission to the Figure Eight.
- Non-Title: Los Matadores (with El Torito & The New Day) def. The Prime Time Players by Diego pinning Titus O’Neil following the Back Stabber.
- Big Show def. The Miz by pin following an elbow drop off of the second rope.
- Roman Reigns (with Dean Ambrose) def. Luke Harper (with Bray Wyatt) by DQ after Bray Wyatt interferes.
- Naomi & Sasha Banks (with Tamina) def. Paige & Becky Lynch (with Charlotte) by Paige tapping out to Sasha Banks’ Bank Statement.
- 6-Man Tag: John Cena, Cesaro, & Randy Orton (with Lana) def. Kevin Owens, Rusev, & Sheamus (with Summer Rae) by Randy Orton pinning Rusev following the RKO.
See page 2 for detailed results.