Last Men Standing.
Nine nights before the Royal Rumble, the 856th edition of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown came to you from the Cajundome in Lafayette, LA. Three nights after one of the most shocking upsets in recent memory where Kalisto surprised Alberto Del Rio with a roll-up to become the new United States Champion, a furious Del Rio would be looking to prove that Kalisto got lucky on RAW as the former champion would waste no time invoking his rematch clause and, on SmackDown, the rematch would take place as new champion Kalisto would defend the United States Championship against Alberto Del Rio! However, that would be far from all as SmackDown would also feature a big tag team match as Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose would team with “The Man That Gravity Forgot” Neville to face “The Celtic Warrior” Sheamus and the self-proclaimed “Prize Fighter” Kevin Owens. In the third portion of a big triple main event, SmackDown would feature a Tables Match for the first time in four years as The Dudley Boyz would collide with The Wyatt Family’s Luke Harper & Erick Rowan where the only way to win is by putting one or both of your opponents through a table!
- Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz def. Luke Harper & Erick Rowan (with Braun Strowman)
- 8-Man Tag: The Social Outcasts def. Goldust, Zack Ryder, Jack Swagger, & Damien Sandow by Bo Dallas pinning Zack Ryder following the Bo Dog.
- United States Championship: Alberto Del Rio (with King Barrett) def. Kalisto (c) by submission to the Cross Armbreaker after interference from King Barrett to win the United States Title.
- Becky Lynch def. Brie Bella (with Alicia Fox) by submission to the Dis-Arm-Her.
- Dean Ambrose & Neville def. Sheamus & Kevin Owens by DQ after Kevin Owens hits Dean Ambrose with the hood of the announce table.
See page 2 for detailed results.