Making The Worst of Things.
Two nights after the human demolition derby that was WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, & Chairs, the 903rd edition of WWE SmackDown LIVE came to you, live, from the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. In a punishing and hard-hitting Tables, Ladders, & Chairs Match for the WWE World Championship at WWE TLC, AJ Styles and Dean Ambrose did everything in their power to try and destroy their opponent on route to trying to climb a ladder and claim the WWE World Title, but the game-changing factor would be none other than James Ellsworth, who would be saved by Dean Ambrose before, with Ambrose inches away from the title, Ellsworth would tip the ladder over, sending Ambrose out of the ring and through two tables at ringside! This act would allow AJ Styles to climb the ladder and retrieve the WWE World Title, successfully retaining the title as James Ellsworth cheered him on. On Talking Smack after the pay-per-view went off of the air, Ellsworth explained that he helped AJ retain because he believes that he has the champion’s number after beating him three times before. Ellsworth also mentioned that him and Dean Ambrose “go way back” and that Ambrose would have done the same to him. Not only that, but James Ellsworth also revealed that he will get his shot at the WWE World Championship against AJ Styles on this week’s SmackDown LIVE! Can James Ellsworth do the unthinkable and become the new WWE World Champion? What role will Dean Ambrose play in the title match?
- SmackDown Tag Team Championship: Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton (c) (with Luke Harper) def. Heath Slater & Rhyno by Randy Orton (c) pinning Heath Slater following the RKO to retain.
- The Hype Bros def. The Ascension by Zack Ryder pinning Viktor following the Hype Ryder.
- Baron Corbin def. Kalisto by pin following the End of Days.
- Chad Gable (with Jason Jordan) def. Tyler Breeze (with Fandnago) by pin with a bridging German suplex.
- Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) (with Maryse) def. Dean Ambrose by pin following the Skull Crushing Finale after a distraction from James Ellsworth to retain.
See page 2 for detailed results.