The third annual WWE Battleground will come to you, live on the WWE Network and select pay-per-view providers, this Sunday night, July 19, from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, MO. As announced on RAW, St. Louis’ own Randy Orton will go one-on-one with Sheamus at the event. Plus, R-Truth will face King Barrett on the Battleground Kickoff show. Here is the updated card:
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
- United States Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Kevin Owens
- Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
- Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
- Intercontinental Championship: Triple Threat: Ryback (c) vs. The Miz vs. Big Show
- WWE Tag Team Championship: The Prime Time Players (c) vs. The New Day
- Battle for the Crown: Kickoff Exclusive: R-Truth vs. King Barrett
The Battleground Kickoff show will air exclusively on the WWE Network starting an hour before Battleground at 7/6c and will feature the Battle for the Crown match between R-Truth and King Barrett, where the winner will earn or retain the right to be called “King”. The Kickoff show will also feature analysis of the card by the Kickoff panel.
What do you think of these new matches? Post your comments in the box below.