Making Things Right.
The 898th edition of WWE SmackDown LIVE came to you, live, from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. Last week on SmackDown LIVE, Dean Ambrose had an opportunity to earn himself a future shot at the WWE World Championship when he went one-on-one with WWE World Champion AJ Styles in a non-title match. However, after pleading with “The Lunatic Fringe” to let him be in his corner, James Ellsworth would be at ringside for the match. During the match, AJ Styles would decide to pick on Ellsworth and this would lead to Ellsworth getting the gumption to hit the champion with No Chin Music. Unfortunately for Dean Ambrose, the referee would see the whole thing and would give AJ Styles the win by disqualification, costing Ambrose the #1 Contender’s spot! How will Dean Ambrose respond to James Ellsworth’s interference? Also on this week’s SmackDown LIVE, SmackDown General Manager Daniel Bryan would appear as a guest on Miz TV as the GM would reveal some of the Superstars who will make up Team SmackDown LIVE in the Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Tag Matches against Team RAW at Survivor Series.
- No DQ: Randy Orton def. Kane by pin following the RKO after a distraction from Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper.
- Alexa Bliss & Carmella def. Becky Lynch & Nikki Bella by Alexa Bliss pinning Becky Lynch following a DDT after a rake to the eyes.
- Survivor Series Qualifying Match: American Alpha def. The Spirit Squad by Chad Gable pinning Mikey following Grand Amplitude to earn their spot on Team SmackDown LIVE at Survivor Series.
- Intercontinental Championship: Open Challenge: Dolph Ziggler (c) def. Curt Hawkins by pin following the super kick to retain.
- Survivor Series Qualifying Match: The Usos def. The Headbangers by Jimmy Uso rolling up Mosh with the tights to earn their spot on Team SmackDown LIVE at Survivor Series.
- Non-Title: Dean Ambrose def. AJ Styles by pin following Dirty Deeds after a distraction from James Ellsworth.
See page 2 for detailed results.