The Lunatic Champion.
The seventh annual WWE Money-in-the-Bank came to you, live on the WWE Network, from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV. In a match for the ages between former Shield teammates, Seth Rollins would look to pick up right where he left off before he was injured back in November as the man who never lost the WWE World Heavyweight Championship would challenge the new guard, Roman Reigns, for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE Money-in-the-Bank! Speaking of matches for the ages, there is one match that no one would ever expect to see and, at WWE Money-in-the-Bank, the dream match would become a reality as, for the first time ever, fifteen-time former World Champion John Cena would go one-on-one with “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles!
Throughout its eleven year history, the Money-in-the-Bank briefcase has proven to be a golden ticket to championship glory for fourteen of the seventeen winners of the contract. From Edge to Rob Van Dam to Daniel Bryan to Dolph Ziggler to Seth Rollins, Money-in-the-Bank has been the catalyst of a new era in WWE and, at WWE Money-in-the-Bank, six accomplished Superstars would compete in the annual Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match as “The Lunatic Fringe” Dean Ambrose, “The Swiss Superman” Cesaro, the self-proclaimed “Prizefighter” Kevin Owens, “The Underdog from the Underground” Sami Zayn, the man who invented the Money-in-the-Bank concept Chris Jericho, and former “Mr. Money-in-the-Bank” Alberto Del Rio would all compete to see who will climb the ladder and retrieve the Money-in-the-Bank briefcase hanging high above the ring with the winner earning a guaranteed shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at any time they see fit for the next year!
The WWE Tag Team Championship would be up for grabs in chaotic fashion at WWE Money-in-the-Bank as the second longest reigning WWE Tag Team Champions in history, The New Day, would defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against three other teams in Enzo & Cass, The Vaudevillains, and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson in a Fatal 4-Way Tag Match where the first team to score a pinfall or submission will walk out as the WWE Tag Team Champions! Also at WWE Money-in-the-Bank, the United States Championship would be on the line as Rusev would put the gold on the line against Titus O’Neil. Plus, Apollo Crews would make his pay-per-view debut where he will face “The Celtic Warrior” Sheamus, as well as Dolph Ziggler going one-on-one with “The Lone Wolf” Baron Corbin. The women’s division would be represented at WWE Money-in-the-Bank as well as Natalya and Becky Lynch would face Women’s Champion Charlotte and her protégé Dana Brooke in tag team action.
- Kickoff Exclusive: The Golden Truth def. Breezango by Goldust pinning Fandango following the Final Cut.
- Kickoff Exclusive: The Lucha Dragons def. The Dudley Boyz by Sin Cara pinning Bubba Ray Dudley following the Swanton Bomb.
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Fatal 4-Way Tag Match: Big E & Kofi Kingston (c) (with Xavier Woods) def. Enzo & Cass, The Vaudevillains, and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson by Kofi Kingston (c) pinning Aiden English following the Magic Killer by Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson to retain.
- Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler by pin following the End of Days.
- Charlotte & Dana Brooke def. Natalya & Becky Lynch by Charlotte pinning Natalya following Natural Selection.
- Apollo Crews def. Sheamus by roll-up after Sheamus was arguing with the referee.
- AJ Styles def. John Cena by pin following the Magic Killer by Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.
- Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match: Dean Ambrose def. Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Kevin Owens, & Alberto Del Rio to win the Money-in-the-Bank briefcase.
- United States Championship: Rusev (c) (with Lana) def. Titus O’Neil by submission to the Accolade to retain.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns (c) by pin following the Pedigree to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
- WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Dean Ambrose def. Seth Rollins (c) by pin following Dirty Deeds after cashing in his Money-in-the-Bank contract to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title.
See page 2 for detailed results.