The 29th annual WWE Royal Rumble will come to you, live on the WWE Network, this Sunday night, January 24, at 8/7c from the Amway Center in Orlando, FL. As announced on RAW, the Divas Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship will be defended at the event. Here is the updated card:
- 30-Man Royal Rumble Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- Intercontinental Championship: Last Man Standing Match: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kevin Owens
- United States Championship: Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Kalisto
- Divas Championship: Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Becky Lynch
- WWE Tag Team Championship: The New Day (c) vs. The Usos
- Fatal 4-Way Tag Royal Rumble Qualifying Match: Kickoff Exclusive: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Ascension vs. Darren Young & Damien Sandow vs. Mark Henry & Jack Swagger
As of this post, thirteen Superstars have been officially announced as entrants in the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match as Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Big Show, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Braun Strowman, Ryback, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, Curtis Axel, and defending WWE World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns have been confirmed for the match. Also, as revealed on RAW, Roman Reigns will have the odds against him as he will be forced to enter the match as the #1 entrant. In WWE history, only two Superstars have entered at #1 and went on to win the Royal Rumble Match (Shawn Michaels in 1995 and Chris Benoit in 2004).
In the Last Man Standing Match for the Intercontinental Championship, the only way to win is to incapacitate your opponent to the point that they cannot get to their feet by the referee’s count of ten with the Superstar who does so walking out as the Intercontinental Champion. The match will have no pinfalls, no submissions, no count-outs, and no disqualifications.
The Royal Rumble Kickoff show will air exclusively on the WWE Network and will start at 7/6c (an hour before the Royal Rumble event). The Kickoff will feature expert analysis from the Kickoff Panel as well as the Fatal 4-Way Tag Royal Rumble Qualifying Match where the first team to score a pinfall or submission will win the match and both members of that team will gain entry into the 30-Man Royal Rumble Match.
What do you think of these new matches? Post your comments in the box below.