The 853rd edition of WWE SmackDown was a Super SmackDown LIVE special and it came to you, live, from the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, IA. On an action-packed Super SmackDown LIVE, the Intercontinental Championship would be on the line as, after tasting an errant super kick from Dolph Ziggler on last week’s SmackDown, Dean Ambrose would make his first defense of the Intercontinental Championship as, fresh off of a Steel Cage Match victory over Sheamus on RAW, “The Lunatic Fringe” would put the prestigious title on the line against the man he beat for the title at WWE TLC, Kevin Owens, and “The Show Off” Dolph Ziggler in a Triple Threat Match, where the first Superstar to score a pinfall or submission would walk out as the Intercontinental Champion! Also, following a disappointing night for The New Day on RAW where they not only didn’t win the Slammy Award for Tag Team of the Year, but were also defeated by the team who did win the Tag Team of the Year Slammy Award, The Usos, The New Day would put the WWE Tag Team Titles on the line on Super SmackDown LIVE against the team that defeated the WWE Tag Team Champions last week, The Lucha Dragons!
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Big E & Kofi Kingston (c) (with Xavier Woods) def. The Lucha Dragons by Big E (c) pinning Sin Cara following the Big Ending after a distraction from Xavier Woods to retain.
- 8-Man Tag: The Wyatt Family def. Kane, Ryback, & The Dudley Boyz by Bray Wyatt pinning Bubba Ray Dudley following Sister Abigail.
- Rusev & Alberto Del Rio (with Sheamus & King Barrett) def. The Usos by Alberto Del Rio pinning Jey Uso following the double stomp off of the top rope after a distraction from King Barrett.
- Neville & Titus O’Neil (with Santino Marella) def. The Ascension (with Stardust) by Neville pinning Viktor following the Red Arrow.
- Non-Title: Charlotte def. Brie Bella by submission to the Figure-Eight.
- Intercontinental Championship: Triple Threat: Dean Ambrose (c) def. Kevin Owens & Dolph Ziggler by pinning Dolph Ziggler following Dirty Deeds to retain.
See page 2 for detailed results.