Back in Contention.
One night after a shocking and brutal WWE Hell in a Cell, the 1170th edition of WWE Monday Night RAW came to you, live, from the Valley View Casino Center in San Diego, CA. At WWE Hell in a Cell, Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker went to war for the last time ever inside Hell in a Cell and, in an intense and bloody battle that saw both combatants try to end each other’s career with Brock Lesnar even going as far as ripping the ring mat up to expose the wooden base of the ring! The Undertaker would be the one to use the exposed ring first, chokeslamming “The Beast” and following it up with the Tombstone Piledriver on the exposed wood, but Lesnar would somehow kick out. Then, in the ultimate payback, Lesnar would strike with a low blow, following it up with an F-5 to the exposed ring, finally keeping “The Phenom” down for a three-count, surviving Hell in a Cell and managing to walk out as the winner. After the match, The Undertaker would pull himself to his feet and the Los Angeles crowd would respond by giving “The Deadman” a standing ovation and chants of “Thank You ‘Taker”. However, the feel good moment would be ruined with the arrival of The Wyatt Family as, with Bray Wyatt leading the charge, the whole family would pick apart what was left of The Undertaker before symbolically carrying “The Deadman” out of the ring and out of sight to an uncertain fate. Why did The Wyatt Family target The Undertaker? Where did The Wyatt Family take The Undertaker and will we ever see “The Deadman” again?
- #1 Contender’s Match Qualifying Match: Roman Reigns def. Kofi Kingston (with Big E) by pin following the Spear to earn a spot in the #1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match.
- #1 Contender’s Match Qualifying Match: Non-Title: Kevin Owens def. Cesaro by pin following the Pop-Up Powerbomb to earn a spot in the #1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match.
- 6-Diva Tag: Team Bella def. Team PCB by Nikki Bella pinning Becky Lynch following the Rack Attack.
- #1 Contender’s Match Qualifying Match: Non-Title: Alberto Del Rio (with Zeb Colter) def. Neville by pin following a double stomp off of the top rope to earn a spot in the #1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match.
- 6-Man Tag: Rusev, King Barrett, & Sheamus def. Ryback & The Dudley Boyz by King Barrett rolling up Bubba Ray Dudley with the tights.
- #1 Contender’s Match Qualifying Match: Dolph Ziggler def. Big E (with Kofi Kingston) by pin following the Zig Zag to earn the final spot in the #1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match.
- #1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match: Roman Reigns def. Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, & Alberto Del Rio by pinning Kevin Owens following the Spear to become the new #1 Contender for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
See page 2 for detailed results.