Three nights before Battleground, the 830th edition of WWE Thursday Night SmackDown came to you from the Legacy Arena at the BJCC in Birmingham, AL. This past Monday night on RAW, Roman Reigns finally got a piece of his Battleground opponent, Bray Wyatt, with a little help from Bray’s scheduled opponent Dean Ambrose. Reigns would get the better of Wyatt until Bray used his signature lantern to stop the attack, quickly creating distance between himself and Roman. Now on SmackDown, Roman Reigns would join forces with Dean Ambrose to face the formidable team of “Mr. Money-in-the-Bank” Sheamus and “The World’s Largest Athlete” Big Show. Will Roman Reigns send a message to Bray Wyatt before Battleground? Will Bray Wyatt make an appearance to play some last minute mind games with “The Big Dog”?
- Big E & Kofi Kingston (with Xavier Woods) def. The Lucha Dragons by Kofi Kingston pinning Kalisto following the Midnight Hour.
- King Barrett def. Jack Swagger by pin following the Royal Bull Hammer.
- Cesaro def. Rusev (with Summer Rae) by pin following the Neutralizer.
- Neville def. Stardust by roll-up.
- Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose def. Sheamus & Big Show by DQ after Bray Wyatt attacks Roman Reigns.
See page 2 for detailed results.