The inaugural edition of WWE Payback will come to you, live on pay-per-view, this Sunday night, June 16 at 8/7c on pay-per-view, from the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL (CM Punk’s Hometown). Prior to last night’s RAW, only three matches were confirmed for Payback, but after RAW was over, we had eight matches overall. In addition to the five matches added to the card, the injured Fandango has been replaced in the Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Title. Here is the updated card:
- CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
- WWE Championship: Three Stages of Hell Match: John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
- World Heavyweight Championship: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
- Intercontinental Championship: Triple Threat: Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz vs. Curtis Axel
- United States Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Kane
- WWE Tag Team Championship: Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns (c) vs. Randy Orton & Daniel Bryan
- Divas Championship: Kaitlyn (c) vs. AJ Lee
- Payback Kickoff Exclusive: Sheamus vs. Damien Sandow
The Three Stages of Hell Match for the WWE Championship will work as a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match. The first ‘stage’ will be a 30-Man Lumberjack Match, where 30 Superstars will surround the ring with the task of keeping both competitors in the ring with the match ending by pinfall, submission, or disqualification with no count-outs. The second ‘stage’ of the match will be a Tables Match, where the only way to win i by putting your opponent through a table and there will be no pinfalls, submissions, disqualifications, or count-outs. The third ‘stage’ of the match, if necessary, will be an Ambulance Match, where the only way to win is by loading your opponent into a waiting ambulance and shut both doors with no pinfalls, no submissions, no disqualifications, and no count-outs. The first Superstar to earn two falls in the match will win the match and walk out as the WWE Champion.
The Payback Kickoff Pre-Show will air exclusively on WWE.com, Facebook, & YouTube starting at 7:30/6:30c before the pay-per-view.
What do you think of the new additions to the card? Post your comments in the box below.